Invisalign: What is it and what are the pros & cons of Invisalign?
Many people get a choice to choose between clear aligners and braces. We all know the answer of a majority of them- clear aligners or Invisalign. The popularity of clear aligners in the last few decades is pretty much visible. Today, it is the most feasible option for the realignment and straightening of teeth. If you are unaware of what these clear aligners are, continue to read to get an insight about the same. Further, you will also gain knowledge of the effectiveness of clear aligners.
Knowing the concept
Invisalign are clear aligners used for aligning your teeth and are usually, thin. Made from flexible thermoplastic material, the clear aligners find their purpose in orthodontic treatment. They act as clear coverings that snugly fit on your teeth to make the treatment, less conspicuous. Clear aligners are a great alternative to traditional orthodontic treatment involving braces & brackets. If you want to make your treatment less noticeable, you can opt for clear aligners.
Windfalls of Invisalign
No doubt the visibility hides, some people still wish to determine if Invisalign treatment is a good choice for them. Let’s give a quick read to the pros of clear aligners and how they can benefit.
- Easy to remove: The biggest problem with brackets & wires is that they are irremovable. Ultimately, many people end up coming to the dentist with a broken wire. Contrary to this, clear aligners are easily removable from the mouth. When you can remove your clear aligners, you will experience comfort and ease.
- Fewer problems: Traditional orthodontic treatment comes with its own set of problems. People wearing brackets and wires will always come with fallen-off brackets. This often delays the orthodontic treatment, especially for those who are careless. Well, clear aligners eliminate this problem to offer you sheer comfort. You don’t need to see a dentist on an emergency basis.
- The aesthetics: The most common reason why people choose clear aligners is aesthetics. There are barely any people who would like their orthodontic treatment to be known to all. In comparison to traditional brackets and wires, the clear aligners are less noticeable. This helps in maintaining the aesthetics while your orthodontic treatment continues for 1-2 years. You don’t need to hide your smile with those clear aligners in your mouth.
- Maintaining clean teeth: There’s no doubt in the fact that it is difficult to clean teeth with brackets. Brackets and wires complicate the brushing & cleaning of teeth, given their complexity. However, you can easily brush your teeth if you are wearing clear aligners. You need not work around the wires to floss your teeth and maintain them. Moreover, clear aligners help in maintaining your overall periodontal health.
Hoaxes with Invisalign
There are certain drawbacks of using clear aligners as well. Take a look at a few of them to make a wise decision for your teeth.
- Removal is necessary: Many people tend to forget they are wearing clear aligners in their mouths. If you are one of them, you need to rethink upon opting for Invisalign in Brampton. People who forget to remove aligners before eating allow the growth of bacteria along their gum line. When you eat or drink wearing your aligners, you allow the food items to get inside them. This allows the bacteria to attack your teeth and develop cavities in your mouth.
- Effectiveness: One must know that a clear aligner is not a good choice for all. They are effective in producing the desired results only in simple orthodontic cases. People with complex cases won’t benefit from them as they only produce certain movements. Complex issues require some other treatments rather than just clear aligners. Further, a person having bridgework or caps cannot opt for clear aligners.
- Limitations: Many people have a misconception regarding clear aligners that they don’t have limitations. Well, one may experience some kind of soreness upon removing the clear aligners. This can limit your consumption of food and thereby, your food choices. You can certainly not have hard food items if you choose clear aligners.
- Discipline: Yes, you read that right as clear aligners require time. If you think you are good to go for orthodontic treatment with clear aligners on for barely 12 hours, you are wrong. A person needs to wear clear aligners for more than 20 hours a day to get the results. If you are one of those people who will remove them quite often, you must not choose them. Only people who can wear them with discipline for 20-22 hours should opt for them.
Clear aligners are a desirable choice for various purposes like spacing and crowding. Also, people having some minor issues with their bite can go for clear aligners straight away. However, you ought to avoid them for treatment if you have a complex orthodontic case. If you have anymore questions or would like to schedule an appointment at iSmile Dental Centre, Brampton, please reach out to us. Our Brampton dentist team of excellent dental professional are here to assist you in your journey to a better oral health.