How Does Invisalign Work?
If you are someone who is fretting about their crooked and misaligned smile, you are not alone. Most of us have something we would like to change about our bodies, and for many, it’s their smile. Now, the good news is that malaligned teeth can be treated effectively with the help of traditional braces and different orthodontic modalities.
However, if given a choice, what would you choose, traditional braces or invisible braces? It can be said with confidence that most of us will select invisible braces like Invisalign in Brampton.
This brings to mind a crucial question – How does Invisalign work?
This also happens to be a frequently asked question, and we thought to address everything regarding Invisalign through this blog. Read ahead as we elaborate on Invisalign in Brampton.
What is Invisalign?
Before we discuss the mechanics of Invisalign, let us discuss what Invisalign is? Invisalign is a brand name that manufactures clear aligners and is a novel orthodontic modality for straightening malaligned teeth. The Invisalign clear aligner is the name of flexible medical-grade thermoplastic material, which is named as SmartTrack.
The beauty of Invisalign stands within its name. As the name suggests, Invisalign is clear or invisible aligners and makes the orthodontic treatment less conspicuous.
How does Invisalign work?
Time to address the golden question!
As previously discussed, Invisalign provided at iSmile Dental Centre in Brampton, is an orthodontic treatment used to align the teeth correctly. Invisalign uses sets of clear aligners, which are developed from computer-generated images and impressions taken by the dentist during your initial appointment. These invisible aligners come in series and are changed every two weeks till the final results are achieved.
Traditional braces make use of brackets and wires, which exert forces and pull the teeth into alignment. Whereas Invisalign aligns the teeth by using a series of aligners for a few months, this exerts forces on the teeth, making them come into their new and improved positions.
Invisalign treatment in Brampton starts with a dental consultation at iSmile Dental Centre. During your initial appointment, you will also get a sneak peek at your new smile. Our doctor will use an iTero Element scanner to take a fast and precise 3D scan of your teeth. Using this 3D scan, they will map out your treatment plan, and the measurements will be sent to the laboratory. Here, your aligners will be custom-made and delivered to the clinic.
During your next appointment, our dentist will fit you with your first pair of invisible aligners. You’ll be guided on its proper usage, removal and cleaning. They will also ensure its fit and comfort to meet the highest standards. The invisible aligners will be changed for a new pair every two weeks. You will be asked to come for regular check-in at iSmile Dental Centre, Brampton. Regular check-ins allow our doctor to ensure everything is working as it should, and your treatment goes uninterrupted and hassle-free.
How long with Invisalign treatment take?
This is a fairly common question asked to us by our patients. The answer to this question, however, is not as straightforward. The amount of time it takes for your treatment to be complete depends on individual cases and the pattern of teeth alignment. On average, Invisalign treatment can last anywhere from 6 to 18 months. However, you will be able to appreciate the difference in your smile in a matter of few weeks. Your dentist in Brampton will advise you to wear your aligners for 22 hours a day.
Pros of Invisalign
The advantages which come with Invisalign are what makes it so desirable for people seeking well aligned and straight smile. So, let’s see what you can expect with Invisalign and the advantages of clear aligners.
The first advantage of Invisalign is certainly a well-aligned and sparkling new smile. However, there are many points that Invisalign has in its favour against traditional braces.
- With the advancing technology, your dentist will be able to give you a sneak at how your smile will look post-treatment during the initial appointment itself. This means you will be able to try out Invisalign even before you make the purchase.
- Invisalign works even if you have recently had braces. Some people can experience treatment failures with traditional braces, and going through the ordeal again can be taxing. However, with Invisalign, you can get your desired smile back with no repercussions and disadvantages of traditional braces.
- It is an excellent choice for people who don’t wish to have metal in their mouth in their grown-up years.
- Clear aligners make it easier for you to eat and drink as there are no restrictions with it.
- Invisalign is removable, which enables better oral hygiene and leaves no room for gum diseases or dental decay. Talk about a win!
- You won’t have to worry about food getting stuck in the braces with Invisible aligners. So, no embarrassing situations arise!
- They are virtually invisible, which means no one will be able to locate them, and you can go about your day as usual with Invisalign working silently in the backdrop.
- Many people, especially adults, find it easier to settle with orthodontic treatment with Invisalign. These invisible braces give you a chance to live your life in the manner you choose, with no interruptions.
- Patients also report reduced discomfort and pain with invisible braces.
Invisalign can effectively treat crowded teeth, spaced teeth, underbites, overbites and even open bites. Whether you are an ideal candidate for Invisalign in Brampton will be best decided during your initial appointment with our excellent dentist at iSmile Dental Centre.
So, what are you waiting for? Get the smile you have always desired with Invisible braces in Brampton.
If you have any more questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please reach out to us, and our Brampton dentist team of excellent dental professionals will be there to assist you.